Friday 4 December 2015

Metabolic Balance diet: days 15 &16

Sorry, I didn't blog yesterday. It was partly because nothing really happened, it was just another easy day, and partly because I was busy doing stuff for the school Christmas fair.

Today is officially my last day of phase 2 and I have mixed feelings about stopping. Everyone stops phase 2 after 2 weeks and then people should move on to phases 3 and 4, much more relaxed phases, but the plan is for me to stop dieting after these two weeks, as this was an experiment, not really a weight loss effort.

What I was expecting was for those 16 days to be hell and then be relieved to be done so that I could eat more "normally". What I wasn't expecting was to feel so good; I mean, I feel much better than when I started and I don't really want to stop feeling great. Yet, I know I've lost weight, I can feel it, my trousers yesterday looked frankly ridiculous (I don't know exactly how much weight I've lost, I want to do the experiment properly to the end so I will weigh myself first thing tomorrow morning and report back), so I need to stop. I don't want to lose anymore weight but I want to keep feeling great so what I'm planning on doing is to keep applying the basic principles of Metabolic Balance in order to keep my insulin low but I'll increase the quantity of food and I'll reintroduce fat at every meal so as not to lose anymore weight.

Metabolic Balance isn't exclusively a weight loss programme, it's a hormone balancing programme so it's perfectly ok to do even though your goal is to put weight on. You will lose weight in the first 2 phases but if your aim is to put weight on, the plan can be adapted to your needs and after that you will put weight on in a healthy way.

I don't want to lose weight or put weight on so I will resume my habitual eating but embrace the metabolic balance philosophy.

I've been up since 5am for the 4th day in a row, I need to go to sleep I think... I'll report the sats tomorrow for those who are interested so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment