Friday 27 November 2015

Metabolic Balance diet: day 9

Today was a super easy day and I have no doubt that the results from yesterday helped. I mean, at the start of week I was excited but, really, completely in the dark as to what the results were going to be and, frankly at the start when you're hungry and have to get your head round your new diet, it's easy to lose faith and think "what's the point?"

Now I know that the point is that you fat and quite fast too.

Today was also easy because I felt I was eating plenty and that I really enjoyed my food. I'm loving my porridge and surprisingly, given the quantity and the fact that I've never found porridge filling, it does keep me going until lunch.

What tends to happen every day is that around 10.30am, I feel hungry and think "Oh my Goodness, I'm already hungry and will never last until lunch!". And yet the hunger soon dissipates and I feel totally fine, as if I had had some food - I don't feel full but I don't feel hungry nor lightheaded like I used to.

The same doesn't happen in the afternoon and I think this is because my lunch is bigger than my breakfast and contains way more protein so it keeps me going for longer.

The reason I feel hungry mid-morning is simply because my breakfast contains more carbohydrates than protein and so my blood sugar drops more quickly ("quickly" is all relative of course, it would drop a whole lot quicker had I had a bowl of Crunch Nuts!). If we think about it 10.30am is exactly 3h after my breakfast, which corresponds to my when my blood sugar is starting to dip. The normal response would be to have a snack and logic would have it that if you don't, you're going to get more and more hungry and yet the opposite happens. Why? Because the body is amazing! Your body won't  let you starve if it can help it: if your blood sugar is low, your body will release some stored energy i.e., sugar and/or fat. And because on the Metabolic Balance, you eat the right foods for you, your body gradually becomes more efficient at burning fat. So between 10.30am and my lunch, I'm most likely burning fat.

Isn't that amazing?!

No comments:

Post a Comment