Monday 23 November 2015

Metabolic balance diet: day 5

This morning we woke up to find that a sparkly dust of frost had been sprinkled over all, it was beautiful but my Goodness it was cold!

Like the perfectionist that I am, I was very organised at the start of it all and designed myself a menu plan for the two weeks ahead so that I would be prepared and wouldn't end up messing the program with rushed decisions. So on the menu this morning was yoghurt and blueberries and I made the mistake of actually sticking to my plan... I don't buy fresh blueberries in the colder months (i.e., most of the year, part from 2 weeks when the sun does make an apparition), it's just not worth it: they're extortionate, tasteless and probably devoid of nutrients since they've come from the other side of the world. Instead I buy frozen blueberries and this was my downfall today.

I suffer from Raynaud's syndrome, which means I'm pretty intolerant to the cold and so the combination of the temperature having suddenly dropped overnight and eating yoghurt from the fridge and blueberries barely defrosted was enough to tip me over the edge. I was shivering for hours, my fingers and toes were completely numb and even my attempt at warming my hands with the hairdryer miserably failed.

Tomorrow, I'm having porridge, I don't care what the menu says!

This morning I also woke up to find that my face had been adorned with a few spots - I know Christmas is lurking but I could really do without that type of decorations, thanks. It was to be expected though and it probably shows that the "diet" is working. I'm quite possibly releasing toxins as a result of fat loss. Did you know that toxins loved fat? Although we do excrete toxins via our urine and faeces but don't get rid of them all and because toxins are lipophilic, when we lose fat we also open the gates to toxins. Nothing to worry about, it'll soon pass.

Got to go, a baked apple is waiting for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment