Wednesday 25 November 2015

Metabolic Balance diet: day 7

Today was going swimmingly well until I made one fatal mistake: I didn't have all of my lunch.

It's not a rule that you have to abide to, you don't have to eat everything on your plan but today I probably should have stuck to my menu. I was supposed to have a chicken salad for lunch and, as part of my plan, I'm also allowed 4 slices of rye bread a day and normally have one with my lunch but today I wasn't that hungry and I guess I wanted to see whether I was eating it because "I could" or because I really needed it.

Turns out I needed it.

By 5.30pm I was really hungry but I didn't want to break the 5h rule so I was becoming more and more ratty as I was handing out lovely plates of food to my boys. Between 5.30pm and 7.30pm when I had my dinner was hard and I properly felt like I was on a diet. In my head I was like a 3 year old having a tantrum: I'm hungry, I'm hungry! It's not fair, they get to eat and I don't! This is rubbish, I don't even want to lose weight!

I "cheated" I suppose and had a cup of chicken stock, which to be fair I had skimmed of most of the fat. I just needed something warm to carry me to dinner and prevent me from shouting at everyone (well, I may have shouted, a bit).

I guess it was especially hard because I wasn't at all looking forward to my dinner: cod and vegetables en papillotte. I would normally like that but without any butter?! Dull, dull, dull, my head said. Yet this is what I had and guess what? It was delicious, absolutely lovely, so much so that I'm definitely having the same tomorrow for lunch. It was just perfect and the absence of butter was almost a good thing, it tasted fresh and clean. Lovely.

I can't wait for tomorrow's lunch, although I think I'll have some rye bread with that...

No comments:

Post a Comment