Tuesday 24 November 2015

Metabolic Balance Diet: day 6

What to say about today?

Well, Tuesdays are super manic days for me: a bit of work at the crack of dawn before everyone wakes up, getting everyone ready (could you put your shoes on darling, have you put your shoes on yet?, please put your shoes on now, SHOES!!!), school run, 3h to myself to do work, DIY, housework, prepare stuff for dinner etc., pre-school pick up, play date with youngest son, school pick up, 45min drive to go to french school, 1.5h french school, 45min drive to go home, bath, stories, cuddles, more cuddles.. and FINALLY sit down for dinner.

A normal Tuesday then, except that I only slept 5h last night because of the kids, and that really I'm on a diet. A full on day when tired and on a diet is quite hard it turns out.

I knew it was going to be manic so I was organised and boiled some eggs while in the shower, then  made my lunch while preparing my youngest son's packed lunch. Organisation is key on any diet. Set yourself up for success not failure.

So that part was easy but what was difficult was timing. You're supposed to leave 5h minimum between your meals and you also need to fast for 12h overnight. Not too hard once you get the hang of it but today eating before pre-school would have meant breaking the 5h rule and eating at the right time (around 1pm) was tricky because we were off on a play date. My option were: 1) eat quickly in the car between pick up and play date (not really in keeping with my philosophy of mindful eating), 2) eat at the play date (a bit awkward as, although the mum is super nice, I don't really know her that well so I didn't feel comfortable turning up with my egg salad), c) eat later. I chose option c and that meant remembering to take my salad in the car before doing the pre-school pick up and then eating it in the car in the school car park, in peace while my son was asleep, waiting for my eldest son to finish school. It worked but I was pretty hungry by then as it was 2.30pm.

I was really hungry but interestingly it wasn't particularly difficult to go 7h without eating even though my breakfast was quite small. I was hungry but not crankily desperate for food; it's almost as if my body has been re-setting itself.

The afternoon was pretty plain sailing, just a bit tired but I think it's to do with the last of sleep rather than the food. I'm looking forward to going to bed now and also to reaching the last day of my first week on the Metabolic Balance diet. Almost a week already! It's a lot easier than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment